WCCS Early Childhood Summer Camp 2021
Join us for an amazing summer filled with fun, exploration, creativity… and learning how we can shine like the SON by the way we live and play!
With COVID-19, we have made some necessary adjustments to our camp structure based on the recommended guidelines from the CDC, including adjusting classroom sizes, enhancing cleaning protocols, and daily temperature screenings of employees and children.
Please click here for a complete list of precautions we are taking to ensure your child's safety.
Camp SonShine will be held for infants (6 months old) through children who are 5 years old (rising Kindergarten). In some cases, individual class placement may be at the camp director's discretion.
- Infant Class - born between September 2, 2020 and January 1, 2021
- Ones Class - born between September 2, 2019 and September 1, 2020
- Twos Class - born between September 2, 2018 and September 1, 2019
- Threes Class - born between September 2, 2017 and September 1, 2018
- Fours Class - born between September 2, 2016 and September 1, 2017
- Fives (Rising Kindergarten) Class - born between September 2, 2015 and September 1, 2016
Weeks of Camp
Registration closes one week in advance of each camp or when the maximum capacity of a class is reached. Classes may also be canceled if enough registrations are not received. If you are interested in learning about any possible last minute openings, please contact Jane Wilson at email@example.com.
- Week 1 - June 7-11 – Camping Week - Register for Week 1 Here!
- Week 2 - June 14-18 – Petite Picassos - Register for Week 2 Here!
- Week 3 - June 21-25 – Fabulous Fairy Tales - Register for Week 3 Here!
- Week 4 - July 12-16 – Safari Week- Register for Week 4 Here!
- Week 5 - July 19-23 – Olympics Week - Register for Week 5 Here!
Days and Location
- Camp will run Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. Campers will need to bring a snack and lunch each day.
- WCCS Early Childhood Building – Specific room assignments will be emailed the week prior to camp with additional camp information.
- Weekly Rate = $135 per child
Registration is now open. All students must register in advance to attend. Space is limited and registration will close once classes fill. WCCS also reserves the right to cancel a scheduled week of camp if the number of registrations do not meet the minimal camper requirement. Registration closes one week in advance of each camp. If you are interested in learning about any possible last minute openings, please contact Jane Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week 1 – Camping Week (June 7-11)
Get your camping gear ready to go on an adventure in the woods. We will make sure our bags are packed and ready to sing fun campfire songs, make cool crafts, and maybe even make some s’mores. God uses wilderness-type experiences to mold us, build character, and teach life lessons to those of us He has called to serve Him. Jesus walked through the wilderness, so we can too!
Week 2 – Petite Picassos (June 14-18)
Get ready to get creative as we explore art with our youngest artists! We will be exploring colors and textures, making play dough sculptures, creating our own abstract art, and more… all while we learn how God is creative, so we can be creative too!
Week 3 – Fabulous Fairy Tales (June 21-25)
Calling all knights and princesses! This week is sure to be loads of fun as we explore the world of our imaginations. Each day will center on a different favorite fairy tale and activities that go along with each story. We will be building houses as we read “The Three Little Pigs,” learning about frogs when we read “The Frog Princess,” and MORE! Each day we will return to the big idea that each of us is truly a prince or princess when we have Jesus as our Forever Friend because we are then Sons and Daughters of the One True King!
Week 4 – Safari Week (July 12-16)
On the 6th day, God created land animals. Get ready to gear up and ride through the savannah to see if we can spot some beautiful animals God created. We will make fun animal crafts and will go on our very own safari ride! I wonder, what animals we will find on our adventure? Dress up in your favorite animal print and get ready for a wild ride.
Week 5 – Olympics Week (July 19-23)
“Let us run with patience the race that is set before us." ~ Hebrews 12:1. Get ready for a week full of fun Olympic activities! We can run the race of endurance because the Lord has set the path for us. Wear your favorite athletic gear, and let the games begin! Team WCCS!
For more information about the registration process, contact Jane Wilson at email@example.com or 803.328.5472! For information on camp details, contact our Camp SonShine Director, Colleen Tate, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Register for one or more sessions by clicking on the button below! Looking for camp information for your rising 1st - 5th grader? ROAR summer camps will be announced in March!