We are blessed to administer several scholarship funds that benefit current students and alumni. We offer needs-based and merit-based scholarships that are awarded annually. Learn more on our application process and how to donate to each fund below.
The Academic Achievement and Christian Character Scholarship was designed by a 10 member committee made up of parents, faculty, and alumni parents of WCCS. The expressed desire in developing this scholarship was to challenge and encourage our students to aim high in academic excellence and Christian character and to reward them for their achievement.
Guidelines for the Scholarship
At the end of each academic year, a $1,000 tuition-assistance scholarship will be awarded to one rising senior. The candidate will meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A minimum, cumulative GPA of 4.00 by the end of the first semester of junior year at Westminster Catawba Christian School.
- Fully complete the scholarship application form
- Submission of an essay of 800 – 1200 words on the topic of a person of godly character who has made a strong, positive impact on the candidate. The person does not have to be personally known to the candidate, but may be a current famous or historical person including a person in the Bible.
- Enrollment at WCCS for the senior year.
The scholarship recipient will be chosen by a majority vote of the AACC Scholarship Committee, which will be comprised of the high school principal and 4 other faculty. The scholarship winner will be determined based upon GPA, the essay, and an evaluation of the candidate’s demonstration of Christian character. . The recipient of the award will be announced at the annual Academic Awards night in May.
AACC Scholarship Application will open in February 2018!
The J. Scott Morgan Scholarship Fund was established in November 2014, to create a fund to be held and administered by Westminster Catawba Christian School to provide assistance to young alumni pursuing God’s calling in their lives. This fund will provide an annual scholarship, beginning the 2017-2018 school year, to support alumni in their post-high school academic and pre-professional career while also recognizing the continued demonstration of Christian character after graduation from WCCS.
Scott Morgan was father to three WCCS alumni. For many years, he was a loyal supporter of WCCS, having served as a member of the Board, a proud cheerleading dad, and even a substitute teacher. Scott truly lived out his calling as a human resources manager where he touched the hearts and changed the lives of his colleagues. He had a heart for mentoring young people during their pursuit of their own calling. He encouraged and challenged many young adults to seek enriching experiences such as internships or study abroad in search of where God has called them.
Guidelines for the Scholarship
Annually, a $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one WCCS alumnus/alumna enrolled in a degree-seeking program at a collegiate institution. These monies can be used to underwrite the expenses incurred in participation of internships, co-operative education programs, volunteer work, travel/study abroad, research, conferences, or other experiences that are being pursued by the student in order to guide his/her path towards the career into which God is calling. At the completion of the funded project, the recipient must report back to the committee on his or her experience. The candidates will meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a graduate of WCCS who remains in good standing with the school
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student at an accredited college or university in the United States (applies to 2-year and 4-year programs)
- Must exemplify leadership potential, Christ-like values, and good moral character after graduation from WCCS, as demonstrated in both academics and campus involvement
- Must have a minimum, cumulative collegiate GPA of 2.75
If you are interested in donating to the J. Scott Morgan Scholarship Fund, please contact Baxter Morgan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
J. Scott Morgan Scholarship Application - deadline to submit an application is November 21, 2017. The scholarship will be awarded in January 2018.